DescriptionNew and unpainted ZF 68IV marine V-Drive transmission. Part number 3312003207. Gear ratio 1.5:1. The ZF 68IV supersedes and replaces the ZF 63IV and Hurth HSW630V1. It has internal improvements to reduce gear noise and is the same externally for direct interchangeability.
- 1.5 to 1 gear ratio
- 12 degree down-angle
- For standard-rotation engines only (same as automotive rotation)
- Can be shifted either direction for forward (fully-reversing)
This transmission is sold by an official ZF dealer with full warranty support. Owner’s manual included. Does not come with any accessories. View coolers, adapters, or damper plates if needed, or send a message for help.
If you are not sure if this is the correct transmission, or you want to learn more about ZF transmission types, hp ratings, and ratios, you can view the comprehensive ZF transmission selection guide here (PDF).
To improve transmission longevity and preserve the factory warranty, please follow these guidelines when purchasing, installing, and running a new transmission:
- It is a good idea to install a new oil cooler when installing a new transmission. Especially if there has ever been water, metal particles, or other debris in the old transmission oil, or the old transmission failed or was slipping. Debris that enters a new transmission from a used cooler can void the factory warranty and lead to premature failure.
- If your damper plate is old or worn, has any visible cracks, damage, or corrosion, or has loose springs (for spring type dampers), you should replace it. If you’re changing from a Volvo MS-series transmission to a ZF, you’ll also need to switch from the original spring type to a Centa bushing type damper.
- Change your transmission fluid regularly following the owner’s manual guidelines. Never go more than a year between oil changes.
- Replace the oil filter as needed following the owner’s manual guidelines. You can buy replacement oil filters here.